A few mask and mask-making resources.
Face covering order by Alameda County (California) Public Health Department, April 17, 2020.
- CDC on face masks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Masks4All.co: https://masks4all.co/
- 45 min video showing masks are effective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoDwXwZXsDI&feature=youtu.be
- Czech Republic Face Masks Movement: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EWpWmyjzM4sNBF-7jp_1Y9a-pqiRg0wakGXy7kj11RA/preview
- “A User’s Guide to Face Masks”, April 17, 2020, The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/well/live/coronavirus-face-masks-guides-protection-personal-protective-equipment.html
- “Coronavirus: Which Mask Should You Wear?”, April 17, 2020, The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-best-face-masks.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
- “Help! My Mask Fogs My Glasses!”, New York Times, April 21, 20202: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/well/live/help-my-mask-fogs-my-glasses.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage&contentCollection=AtHome
Scientific Information About the Best Materials for Homemade Masks:
Homemade Mask Patterns:
- Kaiser Permanente mask recommendation: https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/our-story/news/our-perspective/making-masks-to-support-our-nonclinical-personnel-and-guests
- From California State Senator Nancy Skinner: https://sd09.senate.ca.gov/sites/sd09.senate.ca.gov/files/e_alert/20200414_SD09_information_602.htm?utm_campaign=nancy-skinner-info-on-face-coverings-the-new-shelter-in-place-more&utm_medium=email&utm_source=information&utm_content=websitefooter
- Deaconess Hospital, Indiana face mask: https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-make-a-Face-Mask
- Facemask with elastic ears in open casing on side to string elastic through: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RWII2-5_4
- Mask with one tie behind head, left/right strings, no pleats, 3 layer, filter pocket, very sturdy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_NmpdgWWA
- Easy mask with permanent flannel lining: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJQexwK8Yg
- Sewitonline.com, Million Mask Challenge with good video lessons and quickie serger mask: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDCMUCBfa0oRc7GJv_gYQIzHKsEw&v=t2l1KOjR9x0&feature=emb_rel_end
- Mask with bias binding: https://buttoncounter.com/2018/01/14/facemask-a-picture-tutorial/
- Mask with cotton jersey ties (t-shirt material):
Cousin Rebecca made 40 masks from one sheet! Wow!
She is using this pattern from Kaiser Permanente.